Varisco Dredging Pumps
Varisco’s heavy duty submersible dredging pumps offer solutions for pumping settled slurry containing solids up to 5” and concentrations up to 70% by weight of the liquid. Standard sump pumps have difficulty with solids that settle in the bottom. The normal intake velocity does not have enough force to pick them up and pump them to a sufficient extent. Almost all the liquid is pumped, while the bulk of the solids remain.
The HD agitator prevents the solids from blocking the pumps intake screen and mixes them with the liquid, creating a slurry that is easily pumped.
The hydraulic excavators are usually mounted on the sides of the pump, and stir up solids on the bottom to mix them with the liquid. Together with the action of the agitator mounted on the pump, the resulting slurry is drawn into the pump suction and pumped out.
- Long life – wear parts built to last
- Suit a wide range of applications
- Agitator ensures solids are pumped
- Rugged design
- Shock proof ductile iron casing
- Wear parts in special alloy with high chromium content
- Solids handling up to 120mm
- Flows up to 1200m3/hour (20,000 litres per minute)
- Sizes from 3″ to 14″ (3.7kW to 295kW)
- Hydraulic & electric options
- Hydraulic power packs available
- Extra excavators option
- Waste ponds
- sludge handling
- Dredging waste
- Mine tailings
- Crusher sumps
- Bentonite slurry
- Marina & harbour silt removal
- Any other applications with sludges or with high solids content